Bolen to Run Against Bewley for State Senate
Cable businessman James Bolen has announced his intention to run for Wisconsin’s 25th Senate District. Bolen recently made his announcement to supporters in Rice Lake and Phillips. “I’ve proven my ability to build relationships and to get things done and as your next state senator, I’ll bring this same approach to serving the people of Northwest Wisconsin”.
Bolen has deep roots in the area. A native of Park Falls, Bolen grew up in the town of Winter, Wisconsin. After college he returned to the Cable area where he, his wife, and three children have managed a resort on Lake Owen for the past 20 years.
Bolen hopes to bring his leadership experience to Madison and build a stronger North. In addition to running a family business, Bolen has served as the Executive Director of the Cable Area Chamber of Commerce for the past eleven years where he was honored with the Governor’s Service Excellence award for his service on the Organizing Committee for the 2015 International Paralympic Committee’s Nordic Skiing World Championships held in Cable. He’s served on the Bayfield County Economic Development Corporation board of directors since 2011, served as a volunteer fireman and SCUBA rescue diver and devotes his time to volunteering for various world-class events such as the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival and American Birkebeiner.
The 25th District of the Wisconsin Senate is located in north-western Wisconsin and is composed of part or all of Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Douglas, Iron, Sawyer, Vilas and Washburn counties. In terms of size, it is the largest district in Wisconsin.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Wisconsin Senate Passes Bill Ending Abortion Coverage for State Employees
- AG Schimel Announces New Training Partnership with Truckers Against Trafficking
- Burnett County Joins Massive Lawsuit Against Opioid Manufacturers
- K9 Auggie Assists State Patrol in Meth Arrest
- Jury To Be Held On Sexual Misconduct Charges Against Former Clayton Police Chief
- Charges Filed Against Man Arrested in Large Meth Seizure in Burnett Co.
- Some Minor Changes in Senate 10 Special Election Results
- Court sets April 26 plea hearing in 13 cases, 28 criminal counts against Earl Baker
- Don’t Believe the Hype Against Bananas