48-Year-Old Man Dies after Crash Reported in Grantsburg
GRANTSBURG -- On Sunday, January 07, 2018 at 1:07 p.m., the Burnett County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a single-vehicle crash on North Oak Street at the Memory Lake bridge in the Village of Grantsburg. Upon arrival, emergency responders located a Toyota pickup truck that had left the roadway and came to rest on the frozen lake.
The driver and lone occupant, Steven Coy, 48, of Grantsburg was transported to Burnett Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Autopsy results are pending at this time; initial investigation indicates that Coy may have suffered a medical emergency while driving which caused him to leave the roadway.
The Grantsburg Fire Department and North Memorial Ambulance also responded to this incident.
No further information will be released at this time; investigation continues by the Burnett County Medical Examiner and the Burnett County Sheriff’s Office.
Chief Deputy Scott M. Burns
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Siren, Grantsburg Schools Have Two-Hour Late Start Tuesday
- Third Saturday Food Distribution Added At Grantsburg Food Shelf
- "Huge" Basketball Double-Header Tonight: Grantsburg Faces Tough Unity Teams
- Third fatal crash in 10 days near Cambridge, MN
- Grantsburg Man Enters Not Guilty Pleas To Seven Charges In Polk County Court
- Grantsburg Post Office Plans Passport Fair
- Grantsburg Family of Seven Coping With Loss of Home in Year-end Fire
- Grantsburg New Hope Church Plans DivorceCare Series
- Grantsburg Dreamers St. Croix Grille Restaurant Has New Owners; To Reopen in July
- Fishing is Reported Good on Big Wood Lake